Unfailingly Loved

Unfailingly Loved



Sunday, February 8, 2009

Assuredly Special? Ask God.

"How do you spell "SPECIAL?" my five year old daughter leaned over to ask me, in church this morning. Letter by letter, I whispered the answer in to her ear. She then proceeded to ask for the remaining words and wrote on the back of the bulletin. "Anna is special because God made her."

That short sentence has been on my mind all day. What confidence a child has about who they are. Simply put, she is assured of her specialness because God made her.

I lose sight of this for myself. I begin to believe that I am not special and wonder what value I have in God's eyes. Do you, dear reader, perhaps, too, fall in to believing that you are not special? Is it because of our troubles and trials? Or have we been told for too long that we are the problem or that we do not matter? Has life sent deep and different messages that have carved their way in to our hearts, leaving a mark that is so crooked that we are not able to even take hold of the truth? Do we feel lonely? Abandoned? Insignificant? Unloved?

Psalm 139:13 the Psalmist says "I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well." He is confident of the Creator God's love for him, just like my dear little five year old daughter. God's works are wonderful, and we are one of those works.

The enemy of our souls and the experiences of our lives shout all sorts of lies to us. We have old tapes that play in our heads trying to convince us that we are other than who we really are. However, the truth is that we are special and loved and cherished; we are a wonderful work, made by Him -- that is why we are special. Take time to read in the Psalms this week and see what God has to say to you about who He made you to be and how very much He loves you. He has tender words that are just for you, and He will meet you right where you are and show you the truth about how special you are.

In Zephaniah 3:17 it says "The Lord your God is with you, He is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, He will quiet you with his love, He will rejoice over you with singing." That is how special you are to Him. He takes delight in you, who He has created. Rest confidently in His quiet love and listen closely for your Creator's voice. You may just hear the love song that you need to hear Him softly singing to you today.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails