Unfailingly Loved

Unfailingly Loved



Thursday, May 13, 2010

Postage Stamp Insecurities

I felt my insecurities sticking to me again, like postage stamps on a letter.

I mulled them over in my mind, trying to figure out why they were there and trying to get rid of them. Who knows where they came. I hate how they feel. Maybe you know what I mean.

Finally, I realized today that trying to figure them out by myself wasn’t working. Maybe I should actually talk to God about them, instead. (Why does it take me so long to go to Him, sometimes?)

And here’s what I felt Him impress upon my heart:

#1: Yes, you do have insecurities. Lots of them. I am aware of your struggle with them.

#2: May I remind you that you are “secure in” my love?

#3: I am going to use them to send my message to the world that needs hope and love.

No wonder I kept feeling like they were postage stamps! Maybe that’s exactly what God was trying to tell me, but I was so busy talking to myself, that I didn’t get it. (Common problem of mine. Working on it!) As I accept my security in Him, He is going to use insecurities to send a message to the world about His love.

In acknowledging the reality of the presence of my insecurities, I can be authentic. I can be vulnerable. I can be merciful. They keep me humble. What’s the big surprise about having them, anyway? I know that I’m not perfect and don’t have my act together, and I also know that God can use my weaknesses for good.

I can choose to stop fighting with them and just let them go. I don’t need to dwell on them. I need to dwell with the Lord and rest in my security with Him, for as Deuteronomy 33:12 says, “Let the beloved of the Lord rest secure in him, for he shields him all day long, and the one the Lord loves rests between His shoulders.”

So, dear reader, acknowledge what your insecurities are, surrender them to God and let Him use them to speak in to the hearts of others. I believe that He may just use these “postage stamp like insecurities” to send a message of hope to a hurting world – around the block or around the world.

1 comment:

Juanita said...

Andrea...so very true, and very much a journey I am on as well. I wonder if all of us women are on this journey??? Hmmm. If so, then we have good company with each other, as we push ourselves into His security.
Juanita

Related Posts with Thumbnails