Unfailingly Loved

Unfailingly Loved



Friday, December 23, 2011

Season 3: Change 4 Change 4 Jesus -- A Tradition


Feet run up and down, here and there. Hands search. Hearts yearn.

A tradition for our family, three seasons running, we aim to gather the random change around the house, and the change that we’ve been collecting in a old glass milk bottle. 

The children (now getting older and wiser) made record time in digging through every pocket, swim bag, piggy bank, car seat and the bottom of my purse.  Now that we’ve done it a few years, there are not as many surprises, but we are still astonished at what we find. (Click here for Season 1 and here for Season 2).

$ 88.12 is the total this year.

Change 4 Change 4 Jesus … for the children, this year – for the children at the Villages of Hope Orphanage, Zambia, Africa.

Our hearts are definitely connected here, after spending 2 weeks with them this past August.

Take Nelson, for instance.  This is a letter we received from him this past month.

Nelson with my middle son during our visit.
Dear Aunty Andrea and Uncle Todd and family:

I have loved being with you at the Village of Hope. I thank God that you brought me to a nice place where there is good health and good education.  I am looking forward to see you again in Zambia.  I thank you for the letters that were so wonderful to me.  I am missing your voices and smiles that you gave unto me.  I am praying that you come back in Zambia. I am praying that one day I will come to America to study my cause of Doctor.  I am praying that God will make a way for me to see you in the future.  Remember that I love you. I will never forget you in my life.  God bless you.  Always in my mind.

Truly, God is at work! There are more kids like Nelson, trusting the Lord to provide, they openly, willingly, place their whole lives in His hands. I have a lot to learn from them.

Join us in our family tradition and gather and give up your change. It's not the only way we'll give, but it's one way that we're trying to do that adds to our Christmas traditions!

 We all know that there are many needs, near and far. Pray about whom the Lord may be asking you to help – a neighbor, a church member in need, an organization or a friend.  

And as you pray, would you please also consider giving it to the kids at the Villages of Hope? You can learn more about them at www.akcli.blogspot.com  and how you can donate your change 4 Change 4 Jesus at www.akcli.org .

Merry Christmas!

(P.S. -- if you join in on the fun, we'd love to hear your story!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

happy new year Andrea!

Related Posts with Thumbnails