For those of you who entered the Woman's Study Bible Give Away, I wrote your names on little yellow slips of paper, folded them up, tossed them around on my work space for today (which is my ottoman), prayed that the Lord would have me choose the person He's already chosen (does that even make sense?) and picked the winner ...
Betty, I'll be in touch and get you this great source of encouragement and refreshment!
For those of you who are still interested in getting a copy for yourself, you can find it on Amazon (click here) I'm thinking of getting one for myself!
When I posted the Give Away (click here) I asked you all to share one of your favorite attributes about the Lord. Oooooh, I received some very encouraging truths that have blessed me over the past days, and I've sure needed them. Here are a few, to encourage you, too:
*Michelle: My favorite attribute of God is His faithfulness. He never gives up on me. I honestly would expect Him to at times. There have been so many times that I behave in unpleasing ways to Him. I choose to doubt, to throw pity parties, to get angry, to be impatient, to be disobedient and want to run the other way from what He is asking me to do and yet, in spite of my ungodliness, He still is there for me, taking care of me, blessing me, showing Himself to me. Only God could do this.
* Carol: God is the definition of love. Knowing this has helped me to understand His mercy, grace, forgiveness, sacrifice, discipline, etc ...
* Crystal: God is our Provider. He continues to amaze me with all the ways He cares for my family. His provision has been far better than anything I could have asked or imagined.
* Megan: God is my Hope. "we have this hope as an anchor for the soul, firm and secure" (Hebrews 6:19).
* Joanna: God is sovereign! He is totally aware of all things at all times, therefore, I don't have to try and control my own life, nor anyone else's life!
* Jenny: Mercy!
* Alisa: He is our Abba Father and I can rest in Him!
* Betty: God is El Roi! The God who sees all!
Isn't it a great encouragement to know that we are not alone? Not only does the Lord give us Himself, He gives us each other. I don't know about you, but I need Him and I need the women in my life that He gives me -- women who are willing to live out their faith, give grace, share wisdom and push me more and more towards the Lord.
Let's link arms and walk together, holding on to Him, holding on to each other, and holding on tightly without wavering to the hope we affirm, for God can be trusted to keep His promise (Hebrews 10:23 NLT).
Know that I am here for you. Feel free to email me (click here) and share your story with me. I'd count it a privilege to pray for you!