Unfailingly Loved

Unfailingly Loved



Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Hearing His Heart Beat

When we lean against a wall, weary and worn down from physical exhaustion, we trust that the wall will hold us up. We relax our bodies and shift our weight so that our own legs are not holding us up alone; the wall is helping.

When a child leans in to its mother's chest, it rests. Is is vulnerable and safe. It lays its head upon her chest and is soothed by her breathing and her heart beat.

"Let the beloved of the Lord rest secure in Him, for He shields them all day long, and the one the Lord loves rests between his shoulders" Deuteronomy 33:12.

The truth is that there may be alot to be concerned about in our lives. There may be alot to be anxious about, but my continual desire is that I would learn how to relax and rest in the arms of the Lord. He calls to us, "Be still and know that I am God" (Psalm 46:10).

The bible tells us that we can cast our cares on the Lord because He cares for us (1 Peter 5:7). I don't know about you, but often times I do not feel like I have the energy to cast or hurl or throw my cares, and if I did, they seem too heavy to do so.

But God has other options when we do not even have the strength to cast ... we can just rest, and be still. So I try and just lean in to Him, resting my heart between His shoulders, where I can hear Him breath and be assured that his heart beats for me. Does it take away the reality of my cares? Not necessarily, but it does help me to remember who God is how much He really does love me.

He loves you, too, dear reader, with an everlasting and abounding love. My prayer for you today is that you would embrace that love, and rest in it.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails