Unfailingly Loved

Unfailingly Loved



Saturday, June 6, 2009

Let Us Encourage One Another


"Don't fear the future -- God's already there."

"Be strong in the Lord."

"When you can't see the light at the end of the tunnel, turn to the Light of the world."

Stuck to the mirror in my bathroom were three sticky notes. I was not expecting them when I looked up from brushing my teeth this morning. A friend had put them there the day before. I smiled. I knew the Lord was using her to encourage me, and it was working.

They were simple notes, with simple truths. Simple to read, but not always simple to truly believe. They are truths that I need to be reminded of, time and time again.

God gives us one another. My post is brief tonite, as it is late. But I want to encourage you to encourage others in their faith, as I was encouraged today. It was a little thing; it did not cost much in money or time, but it was a gift of great value to me as I looked in to the mirror, feeling insecure and uncertain, wondering what God had for me in this day.

What God had for me was the encouragement of a dear sister in the Lord, who took the time to fill me with God's truths and remind me of God's love.

Hebrews 10:22-25 in the call to persevere says, "let us draw near to God ... let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess ... let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds ... let us not give up meeting together ... let us encourage one another -- and all the more as you see the Day approaching."

Dear reader, never underestimate the power and the grace that God fills the smallest act of kindness with. It overflows and brings refreshment to His people, strengthening them to persevere and to continue to walk upright in the path that He has asked them to walk. Take time to reach out and make a difference in the life of a friend who is hurting. Your investment will have eternal rewards.

1 comment:

outdoor.mom said...

what a great idea!! I think i'm going to bring some stickies next time i'm over at a friends. thanks!

Related Posts with Thumbnails