Unfailingly Loved

Unfailingly Loved



Tuesday, June 2, 2009

God "Forgets-Us-Not"

Yesterday, I glanced down along my front path, and noticed a small flowering plant that had sprung up, through the mulch. It was a "Forget-me-not." It is such a lovely, fragile little flower, but yet must be one of great strength, that it could make its way up through the tangled, matted mulch that covers the ground around the bushes in my front yard.

"Forget-me-not!" I sighed to the Lord, "Please, forget-me-not!"

Then today, I opened the overhead garage door and two birds flew in to the garage. As I got in the car, they landed on the windshield wiper in front of me. They both looked at me, cocked their heads to the left, then to the right, and flew away. It was very odd.

Now, I will admit that I have been feeling a bit fuzzy lately. I'm not sure if it is due to the busy schedule that I have been keeping, coming off of speaking at bible study or just (did I just say just?) the chronic wear and tear of the trials, but my mind has been a bit, well, disconnected. I can care for and love on my children and do my "activities of daily living" but it seems like I just can't "think" anymore. I feel as if I have lost my creativity and my energy.

But, true to God's faithfulness, He brings things by my path and to my attention, anyway, despite my limitations. A "Forget-me-not" plant that is lovely and fragile and strong and two sparrows? What was God trying to tell me?

So, I went to God's Word and read for awhile. He reassured me of His love and His care through the Psalms. He exhorted me to continue doing good in the book of Titus. And then He brought me to Luke 12. Of course He did, I thought. My pastor preached on it on Sunday.

"Are not five sparrows sold for two pennies? Yet not one of them is forgotten by God. Indeed, the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Don't be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows" (Luke 12:6-7).

And this is what I heard, "Do not be afraid, dear one, of what you are facing. You are worth more than those sparrows that I placed in front of you. You are worth more than many sparrows. You are worth alot to me! I have not forgotten them, and I have not forgotten you. You are like that fragile, lovely little flower, that I have made strong, and have helped to come out of much (mulch). I know that you are tired and your mind is full of many details. I want you to fill it with Me. I can not forget you; do not forget Me. Come and spend time with me, and I will give you rest and I will care for you through my Word."

Having just taught on "Abiding with Jesus," I would think that I would learn. But, I forget. Praise God that He does not. Dear reader, be strengthened and encouraged in this truth; He forgets us not. "He has remembered His love and His faithfulness ..." (Psalm 98:3). What is God showing you?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails