Unfailingly Loved

Unfailingly Loved



Friday, January 11, 2013

Lies in Need of Vaporizing and Truths that Do the Job


The green vapor of venom wafted past my heart.

Lies. 

Subtle Lies. Loathsome Lies. Bold Lies  Twisted and evil lies.

“You are not enough.”

“You are unworthy.”

“You are invisible.”

“You are pathetic.”

I wasn’t expecting the odor nor the hissing sound, of the vile venom, that came out of nowhere.

I’m getting better at sensing their presence and knowing their smell.  

They reek and resonate of destruction.

These lies from the past or the present, they come to me when I am weary and worn down from the troubles of this world, troubles that taunt me to believe that I am not truly who I am – Whose I am.

Lies.  Like old tapes and stinky smells, they come in to our senses and try to convince us that we are not worthy and not loved by God.

But they are just that – LIES.

My dear reader, maybe you need to hear this today – YOU ARE LOVED, DEEPLY, SACRIFICIALLY and WITHOUT END.

But don’t take my word for it, take His.

You are redeemed (Rev. 5:9). 
You are Christ’s possession (1 Cor 3:23).  
You are free (John 8: 32-36).  
You are a friend of God (John 15:15).  
You are chosen (James 2:5).  
You are a child of the light (Ephesians 5:8).  
You are significant (Phil 3:20).  
You are loved (John 3:16). 

Period. Amen.

What lies taunt you?  What truths help vaporize those lies? Take heart, dear friend, Jesus is crazy in love WITH you and He is FOR you.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails