Unfailingly Loved

Unfailingly Loved



Friday, February 18, 2011

Taking Time to Consider the Clutter

Every once in awhile, I can feel the stack of clutter grow to the point of toppling over in my head, and I realize that I need to stop, take a break and consider the clutter in my life.
That’s what I’m determined to do over the next couple of weeks. 
Who knows how clutter forms?  We put something down here and something there, determined to get to it later when we have more time, but life gets busy and finding (or making) time gets harder. And the clutter grows.
So, I’m making and taking the time to look at the clutter. Just like clutter in my house, there is probably stuff I’ve collected that I don't even need anymore. Might not even know why I kept it in the first place. There are things that need to be attended to and important things that need to be given priority to, instead of getting lost in the shuffle.
Reorganizing. Reenergizing. Reconsidering. Recalibrating. Relaxing.
I’m not even sure what’s cluttered around up in my head. That’s what I need to sort through.  From practical issues like kids activities, plans for our home, yard and health, to future issues, like finalizing plans for a mission trip, and what I desire to do in ministry. Should I continue writing? Blogging? Teaching? Speaking?  Should I take on a part-time job? There are even some dreams that I want to sort through.  Should I write that book?  Go back to school?  Run a race? Take up photography?
I’m not doing it alone, though.  My husband and I will be taking this time together to sift and sort through all these things. I’m sure he has some clutter of his own that he wants to work on, too.  And above all, we are seeking  the Lord and considering what He is asking us to do.  
I’m sure that there will still be some piles when I am done, but hopefully they will be a bit more organized and I’ll have some peace over the direction that I am walking in with the Lord and in my life. 
It’s good.  The clutter gets overwhelming and it’s hard to see over the piles.   I’m excited to see what God is going to show me as I take time to take a deep breath, relax, allow His will to settle in to my heart and listen to what He has to say.
I’ll be back in a couple of weeks. Thank you for journeying with me.

3 comments:

Fran said...

Dear Andrea, I am excited with you and Todd as you rest with Him and choose to seek His mind for your life. Here is a favorite quote by O. Chambers.

No matter what changes God has wrought in you, never rely upon them, build only on a Person, the Lord Jesus Christ, and on the Spirit He gives.

I know He will honor this time of considering your clutter as you allow Him to invade the work He longs to do through you. An exciting time for sure! :)

Violet said...

Andrea,
I found your blog today and subscribed to it. It is exactly what I have been looking for, and in line with what God has been revealing to me lately about Who He is, and how much He loves me.

I hope that you continue it...I felt like I found someone else who understands what I am experiencing!

In Him,

Violet

Andrea K. Van Ye said...

Violet:

So glad to have you! Feel free to share your input. Yes, the Lord loves you very much. Keep seeking Him. He will show Himself to you and to be faithful.

Related Posts with Thumbnails