Unfailingly Loved

Unfailingly Loved



Thursday, November 10, 2011

Sharing a Note from a Reader ...


I almost missed it! A yellow floral note card peeked out from between catalogs and credit card offers, in my mail 2 weeks ago. It’s not every day I get a handwritten note in the mail. I was so excited.  I pulled up a chair, and sank in to it as I sank in to her words. 

(I got her permission to share with you all. She asked to remain anonymous).

Dear Andrea, 

I want to thank you for the entry I read today, Friday, October 21. It met me exactly where I am.  For the last ten years, each fall, my heart and mind do a “march” that takes me back to past events beginning in the end of October retracing my steps to find me standing at the sight of an open grave of my son, at the end of November.  

God has sustained me, grown me, helped me these past 10 years. His Mercy and Grace support me, hold me up and lead me on.  His great love gives me Hope and Strength.  Yet, here again, another fall, and I find myself on that “march” again. Like you, in hope and in trusting, I see each year God exchanging beauty for ashes.

This journey, this “march” as painful as it is, does remind of where I was , but more powerful yet, I see in hindsight the victory and overcoming power of Jesus Christ, my Lord and Savior.  He loves us and does not leave us where we once were.  This “march” may continue every fall, for all my life, but I can ‘see’ from where I stand today that defeat and despair have been replaced with rejoicing and praise.  This trial has been a ‘tool’ for my transformation in the refiner’s fire.  To Him all praise is due. 

So, I will keep on “marching” to “see” His glory – all for His glory. For it is not about me, it is all about Him.

Thank you, dear one, for sharing your faith, your hope. Thank you for your transparency and honesty. I continue to be a faithful reader. Keep on sharing your heart.

And thank you, friend, for taking the time to write and share your story with me -- with us.  It is a treasure.  You are a treasure.  May the Lord continue to strengthen you.  Your “march” is not in vain.  He is using you for good.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails