Unfailingly Loved

Unfailingly Loved



Tuesday, March 30, 2010

A Resurrection Basket

The Resurrection Basket is a special tradition in our family. We learned about it from my dear friend Anne’s son, Andrew. He makes one for his mother every year.

Each year our basket has a little bit of a different personality. Sometimes it is large and sometimes it is small. I vary the container – a bowl, a box, a basket, a crate -- depending on whether I can find what I used the year before or what I discover in the basement or garage. Sometimes I splurge and buy a new one.

I always use potted fresh flower to signify life – sometimes I use spring bulbs. We gather the other items from around the house. This year my daughter made a cross out of two sticks and some vine. The girls found fresh moss from the yard and we spread it around the base of the flowers. We added a stone, a nail, a branch with thorns from a rose bush and, new this year -- a small piece of towel. A purple ribbon is woven between the blossoms. Each item represents a different part of the Easter story.

This is a fun activity to do as a group, alone, or in the classroom. Make it for yourself or make it for a friend or a neighbor and share with them the true beauty of Easter – the truth that Jesus died, was buried, and rose from the dead. He is alive!

In addition to the one we made for our family, the girls decided to make smaller ones for each of their teachers.
If you create a Resurrection Basket, let us know! We’d love to hear about it, and any ideas about what you placed in your basket.

Enjoy!
Related Posts with Thumbnails