Unfailingly Loved

Unfailingly Loved



Monday, May 9, 2011

It's Just One of Those Days ...

It was a spelling word on my 4th grader’s list last week.
It’s the word of the day for me.
Immeasurably
Let me be open and honest with you, I am immeasurably overwhelmed today.
My head is spinning, my mind is whirling, and even my legs feel like they’re twitching. I feel like this little sand crab (whose deep in the whole in the picture), digging and digging, throwing out sand frantically on to the shore, trying to get done what I need to get done.
I don't think I drank too much coffee, although do have some coursing through my veins.
Rather -- It’s just one of those days. 
I dropped the kids at school and rushed home to finish a writing project that I am working on, fine tune the study I am teaching on Wednesday morning and then off to wash dishes for hot lunch, followed by a 1:00 PM meeting, picking up the kids, dinner, another meeting at 6:00 PM … yada, yada. I won’t bore you with the details. I’m sure you have your own crazy day.
The problem is, It’s not just the things “to-do” that are overwhelming me, it’s the things “to-think-about”  that are bombarding my brain. Simply said – UGH.
And then I remembered what a friend told me lately, “God’s resources are immeasurable, Andrea.”
And so I went to the Lord with my immeasurable overwhelmedness (not a word, I know, but it seems to fit the feeling).
I called out to the Lord in the car – out loud.  Something about saying it and hearing it reverberate around the car that makes it seem more “real” to me. I don’t know.  It’s silly, I suppose, but it works for me.
Lord, I desire to love you and to serve you. I want to live for you, but I’m feeling very overwhelmed and in need of many things.
I need more grace, Lord.
I need more time, Lord. Could you multiply my time, please?
I need more patience.
I need more peace.
I need more wisdom.
I need more strength.
And on and on I went, calling out the One Who knows all that is going on and is willing and able to give me just what I need. He is the One “who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us.” (Ephesians 3:20).
I’m not sure how the Lord is going to meet all my needs today, but I trust that He will, in His timing and in His way.
 I suppose for a start, He gave me time to write this and to remember Who He is. I’m encouraged.  I hope, in some way, it has encouraged you, too.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails