Unfailingly Loved

Unfailingly Loved



Friday, December 26, 2008

Truth Amidst Tears

It is late now. The last couple of days have been tear stained, and I am exhausted. But, God continues to be faithful and to show me much about myself, Himself and the truth of my circumstances.

Tonite, I want to briefly share with you a paraphrase of Isaiah 61:1-3. It comes from the book Captivating, by John and Stasi Eldredge. If you are struggling with wounds and brokenness, and lets face it, who of us is not at some level, I highly recommend this book.

Two and a half years ago, I happened across the book at the Christian book store, and began to read it. It coincided with a time in my life when God was gradually beginning to lift the veil that had been shading my heart, and show me many truths. I wrote alot of thoughts in the margin of the book and dated them. As I picked up the book again today, it was very personal and intimate for me to see what I was thinking, where I was and where I am today, by what I had written at that time.

On one of my most marked up pages (page 95) the authors paraphrase verses from Isaiah 61. They were powerful words for me then and are very much for me today. Jesus says to my broken heart,

"God has sent me on a mission.
I have some great news for you.
God has sent me to restore and release something.
And that something is you.
I am here to give you back your heart and set you free.
I am furious at the Enemy who did this to you, and I will fight
against him.
Let me comfort you.
For, dear one, I will bestow beauty upon you
where you have known only devastation.
Joy, in the places of your deep sorrow.
And I will robe your heart in thankful praise
in exchange for your resignation and despair."

And He says that to your broken heart, too. On a day when it feels like I am surrounded by too much loss, and too little gain, I am choosing to remember that God does have joy for me in the places of deep sorrow, that He is fighting for me and giving me back my heart and setting me free.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails