Unfailingly Loved

Unfailingly Loved



Tuesday, December 9, 2008

A Little Bit of Courage


Three months ago, we got a dog. He is a black Golden Doodle and his name is Courage. He is a love.

In retrospect, I think that God knew that I was going to need to be courageous on this road that He has asked me to walk, and every time I call for Courage, I am reminded of that.

Ten times in the Old Testament it says to be "strong and courageous." They are paired together. In Joshua 1:9 it says, "Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go."

It is interesting to me that instead of being terrified, we can be strong. Instead of being discouraged we can be courageous. Sometimes, in this place of so much uncertainty, I can fall in to being fearful, but God says, "be strong." And sometimes (again, unfortunately, more times than not) I can become discouraged, but God says "be courageous!"

As I begin to focus on who God is, my Strength and my Defender, I can in turn, with His help be strong and courageous. He says that He will be with us wherever we go. That brings me great comfort and courage.

And this is what my little Courage reminds me to do.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails